Spanish Newsletter here
THE NEW BIRTH
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
This man came to Jesus by night, and said: Rabbi, we know you have a teacher come from God, because anyone can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born again he can not see the kingdom of God.
This is one of the passages read, and perhaps one of the most watched in the various congregations that are part of the Church of Jesus Christ, but we are sure that God brings a special revelation on this day in your life through His word.
Nicodemus was a Pharisee of the Jews. His name means "victory of the people." He decided to go at night and stand before Jesus.
What was Nicodemus to Jesus?
Nicodemus recognizes Jesus as a teacher or someone who came to teaching from God by signals (works, miracles, healings, etc.) that Jesus did!. Crowds still come to Jesus by night "hiding from what others might say" by the deeds and signs that HE does and have not understood who is JESUS!
The Lord Jesus Christ to the question of Nicodemus immediately redirects the conversation and Nicodemus emphasizes that the only way to see (and do) the work of God is the kingdom of God, but that is required before: BORN AGAIN.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he can not enter the kingdom of God. John 3:5
Here again Jesus inciste if you want to enter the kingdom of God must be born of water and the Spirit.
Being born again means born of water and the Spirit of God is to be born. It is an act instigated and carried out by God on a man and a woman in addition to having an encounter with Jesus, has decided to repent (confess and turn away, read Proverbs 28:13) of all their wickedness, rebellion and wickedness for God to release of sin and forgive his sins through the sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, then places all its faith and confidence now receive Christ as Savior and Lord (Owner). Through this new birth, the person is transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the Light (Christ is the King of kings and Lord of lords) acquiring a new divine nature or spiritual nature (spirit), a new life, a abundant life of grace, mercy, purpose of God (John 10:10 b) going to be a child of God, heirs with Christ of life ordained by God to fulfill and fully comply with the will of God. JESUS is El Salvador because of that person through the sacrifice on the cross paid the price of atonement for their sin and as the Lamb of God delivered from condemnation in hell and only through Him obtains salvation and entrance into the kingdom of God and heaven to stand before God, now the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in that person.
That means that not all people who attend a place where professes a faith are saved or born again, means that it is not born into a particular family or a persdona call themselves Christian is saved. Only born again we are saved and those who have the Spirit of God are sons of God. God has no nephews, no kin: He has only sons. When a person is born again evidence fruits worthy of repentance and its behavior, attitudes, thoughts, life will never be the same as before. That looks!
Let's review some evidence of salvation (and incidentally the new birth) through the Word of God (You can consider carefully the Epistle 1 John for more revelation from God)
- If someone commits sin is not saved. Not born again. 1 John 3:8-9. Not that anyone commits a sin, it is someone who seeks it and practice it, make plans to sin, he enjoys it, he hides to return to the same course.)
- If someone does not walk in the light shows that are not born again. (1 John 1:6-7). "If we say one thing but do another, there is a problem, says the false become a Christian but does not behave like a Christian. Conclusion: There are Christians, are saved, not born again.
- If someone does not obey the commands of God are not born again. (1 John 2:3). Something that characterizes the life of a Christian is making an effort to obey the Lord, try obeys. That actually converts to Christ (through repentance and faith) will works worthy of repentance throughout their lives.
- If someone does not love his brother was not born again. (1 John 2:9-11). Not only love of words, emotionally, hugs, love of fact and truth (1 John 3:18).
- He who loves the world and things in the world are not born again. (1 John 2:15-16). Every day (every year) unless the Christian loves the world and closer to God, loves the things of the world less and more of God and it shows by how it behaves and the things he says. (James 4:4)
- Someone who does not remain in fellowship with other brothers in Christ is not born again. (1 John 2:19). The enemy of God (men and women) needs reconciliation that is only in Christ-that is, not saved!
- Someone who does not do justice not born again. (1 John 2:29). Christians keep the commandments, but also seek to do things that are pleasing to God.
- Someone who does not purify as Christ is pure demonstrates that there has been born again. (1 John 3:3). Anyone who has hope (1 John 3.1-2, the hope of salvation, hope the son of God), purified himself, as Christ is pure.
- If someone does not hear the words of God are not born again. (1 John 4:6). "Hearing" in this context means "pay attention" or "listen carefully". If someone has no interest in "hearing" the Word of God (not to read, study, meditate on it, hear the preaching and teaching it , etc.), it is likely that it is not safe.
- If someone does not win the world not born again. (1 John 5:4). Again John says that "everything" that which is born of God overcomes the world. All Christians, after all, we will win this world that we are always opposed. God has promised us that He will finish the work begun in us. Every Christian will overcome the world because God is in Him and God will do the work, however.
Now, there are many more tests described in the Bible. We currently have more elements to discern the spirit with which each person comes into your life. God is interested in our character is that of Christ.
Rather than making many events with many in number "for God", some questions must be asked of them all, how many have actually been saved, how many truly born again? The new birth is done by God on a person who truly receive Christ in your life. Receive not only from the lips, is about more, do what He says, live in holiness, to live for God make Christ the master of his life.
Pray and serve God in such a way that is increasingly apparent that they are the kingdom of light!, Preach so that people understand that before seeking only the miracles and signs (which can do well and do evil to deceive) must seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33) ... Get salvation, born again and live an abundant new life in God
WHO EVER THAT IS GOD guide us and have built NOS IN YOUR TRUTH AND IN YOUR LOVE.
God bless you,
Jenny and Hugo G.
(Note:This translation was done by software. The Original Spanish version is here)
Recommended Material: Dear John by Jason Upton.